Sunday, August 5, 2007

Our Wedding Day

Our wedding was on June 30th at Scripps College in Claremont, outdoors in the gorgeous Margaret Fowler Garden. Despite the sweltering heat of the California sun--we're talking Africa hot, people--everything was absolutely beautiful. Next time I have the bright idea of having an important event outdoors in the summer, shake me--very hard. I'm sure a large part of my discomfort was due to the fact that I was wearing enough layers under my dress that would have made even the most fashion conscience antebellum 'divia' grimace. But the atmosphere of the garden was worth it, and I could not imagine a more romantic location nearby in which to share our vows.

All of our vendors did such an awesome job! Everyone was professional and on time. The flowers were from Carol's Secret Garden in Upland and were gorgeous. (We did the orchid centerpieces ourselves, buying live plants from a local greenhouse.) KBDJ was a great help with keeping the event organized, not to mention that they were flexible in incorporating my own musical suggestions in the play lists. Vanessa from Gourmet Gourmet made sure that the food and setup met our every expectation. Our cake from Ontario Bakery was perfect--not only was it just like the picture I brought in, it was also moist and delicious. If you have an event coming up, we wholeheartedly recommend all of these great people. Below is a sampling of photos from Joy Marie Photography. We can't wait to see the rest of them when she finishes!

















Below is a slideshow of some of the shots our family took throughout the event. Although we have developed the film from the disposable cameras that were placed on all the tables, I don't have a way of posting them yet. Perhaps I should take in the negatives and have them put on CDs, or I could scan them (put I think this may lower the picture quality). If we have them in digital format, we would be able to share them with all of you via email. Or we can snail mail everyone the photos we had developed, although that would be tedious. Suggestions? Please don't be disappointed if your picture isn't in the slideshow--the program wouldn't let me add anymore, lol.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jules, your pics are amazing! Were's the ones of the make-out table (he,he)??